We, MPower Technologies Limited (“MPower”), and/or our subsidiaries and affiliates operating under the Lee Heng Jewellery Group of Companies Limited (together the “Affiliates”) value you and your personal data privacy.
Please note that the terms of this Statement may update from time to time as we deem necessary. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
We are committed to try our best endeavor to observe the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong Cap.486 (“the Ordinance”) in collecting, maintaining and using the personal data of yours.
Collection of personal data
The types of personal data that we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us. We may collect personal data from you:
• when you submit enquiries to us; • when yon connect with us through social media, online messaging tools or other platforms managing by us; • when you register to use, or enter information into, any of our interactive services; • when you register to attend any of our events; • when you purchase goods and services from us; and • when you correspond with us, using the Website.
We may, ourselves or through any of our affiliated, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or companies under the common control of our ultimate holding company (“Group Companies”), also collect your personal data from a variety of other sources including from:
• you directly; • you when you visit other websites operated by a Group Company, use services or products offered by us or a Group Company or make a purchase from us or a Group Company; and • commercially available sources.
In addition to any other details, we may collect:
• account registration information, including your name, title, contact numbers (mobile), postal address and email address; • records of correspondence between you and us; and • information about your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further information about our products and services.
All information we collect about you, and all information collected by a Group Company about you, may be combined with other information about you held by us or any Group Company.
Please take note that most of the goods and services, information, and marketing and promotional materials provided on our Website are not directed towards children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before providing us with any of your personal data.
Use of personal data collected
We collect your personal data so that we can provide our products and services, and conduct our business. For example:
• to provide you with various goods and services offered by us and our Group Companies, marketing and promotional materials and event information; • to handle and follow up service calls, enquiries and complaints; • to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Website and to respond to your enquiry or request; • to assist us with developments for future marketing purposes and/or joint promotion events with third parties; • to verify the identities of the users of the Website; and • to obtain statistics about our users to analyze site usage in order to help its further development.
Although you are not obliged to provide the data or information as may be requested on the Website, we may not be able to provide you with our or our Group Companies’ products and services, information, and marketing and promotional materials if you don’t. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data to or with third parties. Your personal data may be disclosed by us to other persons in the circumstances described below:
• to any third party suppliers of goods and services who have been duly authorised by us to use your personal data and who will facilitate our business. Our third party suppliers will be contractually bound to use your personal data in accordance with the terms of our service agreement with them, and all laws and regulations which apply to those third party suppliers in the territories in which they operate; • to our agents who will be acting on our behalf in the conduct of our business; • to our Group Companies so that you may be provided by us or a Group Company with information about products and services offered by us and/or the Group Companies and/or so that we and the Group Companies may provide goods and services to each other in the conduct of our respective businesses; • where we need to protect and defend our rights and property; • where we consider we are required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations; and • where we deem necessary in order to maintain and improve our services.
Security of personal data
Protection of your personal data collected is a priority for us. We will always strive to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized access. We have implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure your personal data.
We are based in Hong Kong. Your personal data may be accessed by us or transferred by us to and accessed by any third parties listed above in Hong Kong or elsewhere in the world. All personal data provided by you will be encrypted and transferred to our servers or such other servers of third parties who are duly authorized by us. Such personal data are only accessible by our own or our authorized third party's personnel, and such personnel will be instructed to observe the terms of this Privacy Statement when accessing such personal data.
Although we will do our best to protect and secure your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted over the internet or any telecommunications networks, and you transfer your personal data to us at your own risk.
Access or correction of personal data
You may at any time request access to, and request us to make amendments to, your personal data stored in our records. To exercise your rights, please visit our shops for assistance.
In the event that you wish to access or amend your personal data, we may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity. We will endeavor to respond to your request within 40 business days and we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
The material contained in this Website has been produced by MPower in accordance with its current practices and policies and with the benefit of information currently available to it. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the contents of the pages of the Website at the time of preparation. MPower regularly reviews the Website and where appropriate will update pages to reflect change in circumstances. By browsing this Website, you agree to all terms set forth in the following Disclaimer.
Under no circumstances shall MPower be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from visitor’s reliance on or use of information, services, adjustments or advertisements provided on or through this Website, or that result from any inaccuracies, mis-statements, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, errors, defects, delay in operation, or transmission, or any failure of performance. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless to MPower from any claim, liability, loss, damages, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fee) arising out of or related to your reliance or use of any materials provided by this Website, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of this Website, any violation of any third party’s rights or any violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement.
The entire content of this Website is subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You may print and/or download a hard copy of individual pages of this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you do not remove any copyright notices.
Please be informed that no hypertext links to this Website may be made without our prior written approval. In respect of any third-party Websites referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this Website approved by us, the copyright of the contents of such third-party Websites shall belong to their respective owners. You are advised to obtain the opinion of such respective owners before using and/or copying the contents of their Websites.
2. Links to other websites To provide you with more information, the Website may provide links to other websites. Your personal data may be collected on these other websites when you visit them or make use of their services. Where and when you decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Website which grants you access to another website, your personal data may be exposed in these other websites.
This Privacy Statement is only applicable to the Website. It does not apply to any websites maintained by other companies or organisations to which we link. We are not responsible for these third party websites or for any personal data that you submit to third parties via our Website that may be exposed to those other websites when you click on a hyperlink or by visiting other websites. Please ensure that you read the privacy policies of such other websites.
Your receipt of our marketing materials
As noted above, we may, from time to time, send marketing or promotional materials and information regarding our products, services and the like to you based on the personal data that you have provided to us. Suitable measures are implemented to make available to you the option to "opt-out" of receiving such marketing and promotional materials at the time you provide us with your personal data.
Please note that you can object to such use of your personal data at any time. If you do not wish us to retain your personal data for this purpose, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any enquiries concerning this Statement, please feel free to call our customer service hotline at (852) 2971 2303 or email@example.com.